Friday 20 November 2015

Uche, the Drummer girl found love via the Drums


 

You are about to read one of the most beautiful, heart melting love stories ever!

Uche Okoye a drummer girl is now engaged to the love of her life but what s even more beautiful is how she met her missing ribs via what she loved doing - playing the drums.

She was the only female drummer in Covenant University and after school she started playing in Church, TREM.

The story as narrated by the Groom.



I met Uche in TREM Ikota branch. She was playing the drums that day. I remember it vividly as if it was yesterday. She was very intense and her eyes twitched to the side while hitting those drums. When the Praise & Worship session was over, she stepped off the drums and morphed into a lady. I was speechless. At the end of the service, I asked a close friend who she was. After he told me her name, my response to him was "I will marry her someday". That event took place in July 2012.



Our first date was a live play centred on one of Wole Soyinka's story in Victoria Island, Lagos. A picnic date in V.G.C and countless dates afterwards made me realize that she is the one that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I proposed to her in 2 stages. The first one took place on August 5 2014. I took her out for dinner and in the middle of the meal, I made my intentions known (I didn't go down one one knee yet).


She thought it through and advised that I meet certain members of her family for their blessing. I returned to Canada and planned a trip to the U.S. to meet members of her family. We typically have lengthy chats on Sundays due to our schedules and time difference.
On Sunday,October 19th 2014, we were having our normal chat and I was about to end the call, when she said YES. I was like YES to what. After a few seconds, it donned on me that she was saying YES to my proposal made on August 5th. I looked up to the heavens and realized that I was going to spend my life with this woman called Uche....


I celebrated the day by having an Indian meal with a friend that was visiting from Ontario.
The slipping of the engagement ring took place on January 19th 2015. It was a hectic day planning everything especially with Lagos traffic. Finding where to purchase flowers on Lagos Island is another story on its own. I found one by divine chance. After a dinner meal, as I was driving her home, I was thinking how to do it. I thought should I stop in the middle of the road and do it. Not in Lagos...that is either suicide or armed robbery depending on which one comes first. Finally, when I got to her house, I rushed to open the passenger door (as a gentleman) to let her out, she began rushing to get into her house (according to her, she said she knew that I was about go on one knee. They say I am not difficult to read).

I chased her down, spun her round and got on one knee. Honestly, I muffled my words because I was shaking and full of every emotion that you can think of. I think 5 seconds passed by before I heard the 3-letter word YES. I slipped the ring into her finger and we gave each other a long embrace. I guess the real manhood really begun for me from that moment.
 

Aww, congratulations Uche and U.I!!! 
Photo by: Ayoola Solomon

Source: Kemi Filani Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...